MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Remarried in non-Catholic Rite

I have a marriage situation and i will try to explain the best i can.. My ex-husband and I are both catholic..Married in catholic church 32 years ago. I remarried in Jan of this year to a non-catholic by a minister. The marriage is not working we are seperated now since sept 1. My question is can i have this marriage annulled. I understand that in order to do this the marriage has to not be consamated. The circumstances i have are that my husband could not get a erection without medication. My husband is unable to achieve an orgasm due to health problems. We have only been married for 7 months. What i want to know is can i get an annulment under any of these circumstances. My husband now is not a catholic. I dont know in the catholic religion what would be grounds for annulment. Thank You and I hope you can help me.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Dionysius said…

    As you are a Catholic you can only contract a valid marriage in the Catholic Church. Your marriage before a minister is thus not regarded as a Catholic marriage. In other words you are not married and are therefore free to marry in the Catholic Church. The Church may ask you to get a civil divorce first. Contact your parish pruiest to get the process rolling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home