MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Former Marriage

My fiancée and I are planning on getting married next year. We want to get married in the Catholic Church. My fiancée was married before (18 years ago) but not in the Catholic Church. The reason was that her husband was already divorced and the Catholic Church would not recognize their marriage. Her husband divorced her after six months. She has remained unmarried since and has remained a practicing Catholic like myself.

The questions I have are as follows:

- Can we get married in the Catholic Church?

- Does my fiancée need an annulment from her first marriage?

If there are any other considerations we need to take before our wedding day, I would appreciate your advice,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger pennygaeta said…

    alicethruglass...not necessarily true...more info is needed: he may not have been a baptized Christian, wherein the marriage isn't recognized by the Church, and nothing is necessary. If the marriage didn't occur in the Church, but a valid Christian (non-Catholic) wedding it may just require a declaration of nullity. More info is needed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home