MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Practicing Catholic

I recently learned (purely by accident through the grapevine) that my ex-husband has obtained an annulment in order to marry a practicing Catholic. They married last week. I was never advised that he was seeking an annulment. Based on my understanding of canon law, I'm not sure he is entitled to it. I have been a non-practicing Catholic since before the marriage, and he's a non-Catholic. It was clearly understood before we married that I had no intention of remaining in the Catholic church, nor did I join any other church. (He's one of the least religious people I know.) We were married in a non-denominational church by an ordained minister. Don't both parties have to submit statements before an annulment is granted? At the very least, I would think that I should receive some sort of written notification about the annulment. What's the normal procedure and policy for this? How can I go about getting a copy of the annulment papers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home