MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Previous Marriage

I am contemplating requesting an annulment of my first marriage which ended in divorce. I am a catholic and my first wife was not. We were married in a civil ceremony first, and then in a Catholic Church a year later. I am presently married to a Catholic and because of my previous marriage, we were not able to marry in the Catholic Church. As a result, we are missing out on our Catholic faith because we are not able to participate in the Mass and the Catholic sacraments as we would like to. Thus, my decision to inquire about annulment .

My question is that it seems as though the only way to obtain an annulment is, if the marriage was entered into while I or my first wife were not psychologically prepared or mature enough to understand the concept of Marriage. I would like to ask you if my first wife, after two children were born, decided not to have any more children and had herself sterilized without my consent and approval, would this be sufficient grounds? She also decided to declare herself an atheist and leave me and the children and start a new life after approximately 17 years of marriage. My second marriage was not associated at all with any of my first marriage problems, as the second marriage did not take place until years later.

I know this is a long story and I tried to condense it as best as I could. Do you believe I have grounds to try to obtain an annulment, because my first wife did not want to fulfil the marriage vows? I would appreciate your opinion. Thank you very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home