MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Lacking Sacramental

I am Honduran-American (Hispanic, born and raised in NYC). However, in respect to what you said about the marriage. I am in love with him, and he claimed to be in love with me. We lived together and lived as married people. But,when I said he applied for his green card, he only had a visa when I met him and if he did not apply soon he would be considered "illegal" . I decided to marry civil first and then religiously in order to help the man I loved, not thinking that one day he would be so harsh and disrespectful. The way he thinks of life and the role of women is not the same he expressed when we were in courtship. Things that I did and gave up for him, because of my young age, and all for him. I just graduated from college with a BS in Accounting, and once I started applying for a job, he got upset. I am a professional woman who needs to develop her career and grow as a human being! He knew that from the get go, but never thought it would happen.Things got to a point where I felt that he did not want to be successful, like he was jealous or something of that nature. I sincerely think that he was using me all this time, in every way imaginebale. By the way he has a PhD in math and was my Professor in the University. He is cooperating with the divorce, because the University told him that they would be able to help him obtain his green card, he no longer needs my sponsorship.

What are some reasons to make a marriage lacking something "sacramental"? Thank you for your help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home