MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Sacramental Books

i am hoping you can help me with a decision.

i was married in the philippines in 1989 at a catholic church and we got divorced (im a US citizen and so is my ex-wife) in 1990.

i recently checked my ex-wife's sacramental books by going to the church where she was baptized because i heard she got re-married and it turns out there is no record of any marriage in her book.

i also checked the church where i was baptized and our marriage was also not recorded in my sacramental book.

my question is, since our marriage in a catholic church was not recorded in both our sacramental books, do i still need to get an annulment in church?

thanks for your reply and for taking time to help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home