MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Respondent Do Not Consent

I have some questions about the annulment of marriage. I am the respondent in this particular case. If I, as the respondent do not consent to the procedure taking place can it still go ahead?

If the answer to the above question is yes then surely asking me to sign a piece of paper to say whether I oppose or not is farsical, is it not? If I take part in the procedure who do I have to represent me who is impartial to the catholic church?
If I disagree with the outcome does the petitioner have to pay the appeal costs or am I expected to pay? Bearing in mind that I never asked for the annulment in the first place?

I have read that "voidable marriages are valid until annulled and any children legitimate". This implys that therefore if the marriage was invalid then the children are therefore illigitmate even if only in the eyes of the church. Is this a correct interpretation?

Is the petitioner casting blame as with a civil divorce or can the petitioner accept full responsibility for the marriage being invalid?

I may have some more questions but that is all I can think of at present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home