MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Possible Solution to the Dilemna

A friend suggested this as a possible solution to the dilemna I am in and since I had never heard of it before, I did a search and came across the following on your website:

"If a Catholic gets married in a Non-Catholic Rite (Civil or Church) and wants to return to the practice of their Catholic Faith but their spouse will not agree to have their marriage convalidated by the Catholic Church, the other spouse may apply for a Radical Sanation, which convalidates their Marriage without going through the Convalidation Process and after going to Confession he/she can practice their Catholic Faith. "

Could you give me some more information about this as well as the Canon law references so that I can see if it might apply to me and sound informed when I go to talk to my parish priest about it. Thank you.

My situation is that I am Catholic, not receiving the Sacraments because I was married in a civil rather than Catholic ceremony. My husband isn't Catholic and is opposed to the whole idea of the Catholic Church needing to be involved in our marriage. I've been working on accepting that if it is God's will, then my husband will have a change of heart but I'm wondering if perhaps there is another option. Thank you very much. May God Bless you.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Have you found any more information about this? I don't have any answers for you but I am in the same situation!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home