MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Why the imbalance?

I was baptised protestant (Church of Scotland), I married at 20 and divorced at the age of 29. (I had two children).

I was married in a Protestant service, at a local hotel. My ex father-in-law conducted the service as a Church of Scotland minister.

I re-married in a Scottish Registry office (civil) ceremony aged 31.

My wife is Roman Catholic but cannot take mass, because I was married and divorced.

I would like to have our marriage blessed, and see my wife taking mass again.

We have a daughter who is being brought up in the Roman Catholic faith.

Can you advise if there is due process to follow to allow this to happen.

If my wife converted to being a Protestant, accepting communion(Mass) and having our marriage blessed would not be a problem.

Can you also explain the Church law in this respect, as my wife's only sin is to fall in love, and marry a Protestant divorcee?

There are far greater sins in the eyes of God that are not treated with such draconian measures by the church. Why the imbalance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home