MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Muslim-Catholic Marriage

I married a Muslim Arab in May 2001. I am Catholic and I got married in church. I did get a dispensation. I am in the process of getting a divorce. Do I qualify for an annulment? Someone told me that being that he is of a Non-Christian faith my marriage was not a sacrament, b/c in order to be a sacrament both parties needed to be baptized. I really want an annulment, it was a large mistake, there are manyfactors that have led me to this decisions. Especially, because our relationship focused on his green card and its not the first time I've thought of divorce. If I do get an annulment, may I take communion, or even remarry in the Catholic church? Please address my issue, which is Muslim-Catholic marriage with dispensation, one year of marriage, with many conflicts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home