MARRIAGE AND ANNULMENT

The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant by which a man and a woman establish in the presence of God and His Church a lifetime partnership, which by nature is ordered for the good of the spouses and the procreation of children. Pastors & deacons , if you have any anwers to the questions below, please feel free to share your ideas. My apology, I don't answer your questions anymore to avoid confusions. Just approach your parish priest for advice. home:http://catholicmarriages.blogspot.com/

Friday, June 17, 2005

Ask for a "Defect Form"

Here am I again asking for another help. I believed that this time you can furnish my more informations...

Well, this is regarding marriage. I have a case of an American who is going to marry a filipina. This American was baptized first in the Catholic (Father is a Catholic) and a practicing Baptist(mother side). His first marriage civilly (in Luoisiana) to a Baptist woman and got the divorced. The Filipina is single.

The American has yet to receive the sacrament of Confirmation. I referred him to the Chaplain of the military base where he is working and the Filipino chaplain told that he must still ask for a "defect form" from the diocese where he was baptized.

I tried to contact the parish priest (St. Lucie, Florida) where he was baptized, till now no response.

My question is: does he really needs it? Does he needs a document about his divorced, from the Catholic Church? how can I process the papers???

You are the one that I hope can clear my idea and how to move...

Thank you very much for your kind attention!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home